Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You are our front line! You reflect our image and our goals. Our goal is for each student library aide to become a leader through serving fellow students, teachers, and staff.
As a library aide you will be:
- Reminding students to sign in and follow library rules
- Shelving materials and straightening shelves
- Helping students
- Help keep the library neat, clean, and organized
- Setting a positive example for those around you
Library expectations that apply to ALL students (including you):
- Food/ Drink: not allowed in the LMC
- Social Media/ Personal Devices: Academic use only (no snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, Vine, etc.)
- Please keep an appropriate volume (students are often testing or need to concentrate)
- Be on time and stay until the end of the block
- If you need o leave to use the restroom, go to your locker, have a dentist appointment, etc. - COMMUNICATE with LMC staff so we know where you are AND can write you a pass
- You CAN put in your earbuds and listen to music while you work! THANK you for all you do!!
Welcome ~ General Information
Welcome to our library team! We are so thankful and happy to have you here. Our goal is SERVICE! We are here to help students and teachers locate information and use the technology available with ease. You are our front line! You reflect our image and our goals.
Our goal is for each student library aide to become a leader through serving fellow students, teachers, and staff. We provide valuable information resources to our La Follette community. Our success happens because of you.
Every day - check this list and get started on the 'to do' list:
- shelve books, DVDs, CDs, etc. from the RESHELVE book carts (see the SHELVING tab of this guide for how-to information)
- straighten books on the shelf and check to make sure they are in order/ in the correct spot.
- straighten tables and chairs: make sure all tables and chairs are neat; pick-up any wrappers, papers, pencils, etc. left at or around tables
- clean the glass/ windows, wipe down kepyboards and tables
Ways to be EXTRA HELPFUL:
create a book trailer (see the Book Trailer tab of this guide for how-to information)
create something from the makerspace and let us see what you’ve made (see the MAKE Sample tab of this guide for how-to information)
make a book mark (see the Book Mark tab of this guide for how-to information)
*IF* needed (ask us/ we'll tell you):
- sensitize returned books after LMC staff check them in, and then put them away or on the RESHELVE carts
- deliver notes/ mail
- type information from other library brochures for LHS library brochures
- help other students find books for check-out
- pull books, DVDs, CDs, etc. (I have lists - sometimes need help!)
- post signs/ flyers (if asked by LMC staff)
- take photos (check with LMC staff for an event to photograph, if we have one)
USE YOUR BRAIN/ LEARN SOMETHING NEW
(and get credit from us for doing it!):
- read a book or a graphic novel!
- write a book review (see Ms. v for GoodReads log-in information)
- edit photos using PhotoShop
create Original Music (GarageBand on the Mac)
edit audio (like with Audacity or GarageBand)
create a Library Display or Sign
film a Video
use the green screen/ Chroma Key
set-up and use a light kit
use the stop-motion animation app and create an animated video
record a screencast
learn about software/ which software/ technology: _________________________