Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Website Credibility Checklist
- Domain Name - What kind of site is it?
- Authority - Who created the site?
- Currency - When was the site created/last updated?
- Audience - Who was this site created for?
- Purpose - What was this site created for?
- Contact Information - Can you contact the author if you have questions?
- Related Links - Do all of the links work?
- Bibliography - Doe the author cite his/her sources?
- Credibility - Does the information seem believable or far-fetched?
- Appearance - What does the site look like?
Are these sites credible?
Online Research Steps
1. Evaluating the source (domain, currency, relevancy, authority/appropriateness, bias)
2. Bookmark and annotate the source (Diigo)
3. Cite the source (Easybib)