1A: Reading and Responding to Narrative Texts
- What reading, writing, and thinking skills will I develop as a successful 9th grade English student?
- What are the structures and routines that will make this a safe learning classroom for students to take risks?
- How do I communicate and collaborate with my peers, showing respect for diverse perspectives?
- How will critically reading and insightfully responding to a wide variety of narrative texts help me understand the human experience?
1B: Writing Short Narratives
- What can I add to the understanding of the human experience?
- What narrative techniques have writers used to communicate the human experience?
- How can I collaborate with my peers during the writing process to improve my writing?